Skip to main content


Expand all

Frequently Asked Questions

How do I get access to the computer lab?

Your credentialed Wildcard can be used to access the MMSS computer lab (Room 224) after hours. The lab is open each day (Monday-Friday) from 9:00am to 5:00pm.

What doors does my credentialed Wildcard open?

Your credentialed Wildcard will open the outside doors of 555 Clark (after hours) and the MMSS suite door, Room 224.

Do I need a permission number for my MMSS classes?

MMSS classes are open to MMSS students only. No permission number is required for MMSS students and they are guaranteed a spot in all MMSS classes. (Weinberg students, please review WCAS overload policy.)

How do I get a code to use the copy machine?

Each student is assigned a unique copy code to use the copier/printer in the MMSS program study lounge. You will receive an email at the beginning of each academic year that contains your copy code and instructions for printing copying, and scanning.  If you did not receive an email, please see the program assistant.

Who needs to sign my petition to graduate?

Professor Jeff Ely, the Director of the MMSS program.

How do I declare MMSS as a major?

Upon entry to the program, first-year students are automatically declared MMSS majors. Sophomores entering the program need to complete a Declaration of Major form which the program assistant will provide you after you have been accepted into the program.

Can I get data storage in the MMSS lab?

Northwestern's Box service does not extend to undergraduate students, so Weinberg/MMSS will not be able to create accounts for students. However, undergraduates can sign up for free Box accounts at with unlimited space, using their email addresses. You can share files by using Box's sharing functionality. Simply mouse over the folder you wish to share, click on "Share," and enter in the email addresses of everyone with whom you would like to share the folder.

Is MMSS a "STEM Designated Degree Program" for purposes of a STEM extension OPT for international students?

Yes. For additional information, please contact NU's International Office.

Back to top